Health IT makes it possible for health care providers to better manage patient care through the secure use and sharing of health information. By developing secure and private electronic health records for most Americans and making health information available electronically when and where it is needed, health IT can improve the quality of care, even as it makes health care more cost effective.
With the help of health IT, health care providers will have:
- Accurate and complete information about a patient’s health. That way, providers can give the best possible care, whether during a routine visit or a medical emergency.
- The ability to better coordinate the care given. This is especially important if a patient has a serious medical condition.
- A way to securely share information with patients and their family caregivers over the Internet, for patients who opt for this convenience. This means patients and their families can more fully take part in decisions about their health care.
- Information to help diagnose health problems sooner, reduce medical errors, and provide safer care at lower costs.
In primary care, examples of health IT include the following:
- Clinical decision support.
- Computerized disease registries.
- Computerized provider order entry.
- Consumer health IT applications.
- Electronic medical record systems (EMRs, EHRs, and PHRs).
- Electronic prescribing.
Cite: “Healthcare 411.” Health Information Technology Integration. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Apr. 2015.
At MTech, our engineers have extensive experience in the integration of IT into the Healthcare industry. Having backgrounds in testing and development in multiple EMRs and EHRs, we can assist in management of your electronic records and critical systems that require the maximum amount of uptime to better assist your patients. Some of our engineers have worked on projects alongside large hospital systems and various private practices. With our knowledge of how technology correlates to healthcare, MTech Computing would be the perfect choice to keeping your clinics fully optimized and most cost effective.
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org